The importance of the lesson current electricity cannot be over emphasized as its application doesn’t end just in the classroom but in our daily lives too. Taking this course will expose you to the first half of everything you need to know about advanced level current electricity. Current electricity is a super broad topic in the Advanced level physics, however the first half of it is the basic and most important half as it’s the transition between the current electricity of the ordinary level and that of the advanced level. This course gives detail explanations of electric charges, current, voltages, electromotive force, current density, resistance and the factors affecting it and so on.
Getting this lesson is a big step to secure you and A grade in advanced level physics as current electricity is a perfect source of many questions in the GCE paper.
At the end of this course, students should be able to;
- Understand the concept behind electric charges and current and know how to do basic calculations concerning these quantities.
- Know how to prove the formula I = nevA.
- Calculate current density of a conductor and know what it is all about.
- Have a full mastery of the mechanism of conduction and the joule’s heating.
- Get a good understanding of electrical circuits, voltage and potential difference, electrical elements etc.
- Know what resistance is all about and the factors affecting it.
- Learn the relation and difference between resistance and conductance
- Understand temperature coefficient and the factors calculating it, knowing how it affects conductors, semi conducts and insulators.
- Have a firm mastery of ohm’s law and the calculations that follow.
- Know how electromotive force and potential difference are related.
- Have a clue on electric power, electric bills calculation and the concept of nodes, branches and loops.
- Know how to analyze DC circuits using kirchhoff’s rules.
- Potential and current dividers.
- Lectures 21
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level Advanced Level
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
Current Electricity 21